EMCARE™ Bovine Albumin
ICPbio's bovine albumin is chromatographically fractionated which results in minimal denaturation of the albumin structure. This means:
- More available binding sites to protect the embryo
- Free from other serum component and bound contaminants
- Very low endotoxin levels
There are biochemical consequences measured when embryos are incubated in a protein-free media. Some of these changes are:
- Decreased oxygen consumption compared to those cultured in presence of albumin (published).
- Increased pyruvate uptake, but decreased flux through the TCA-cycle compared to those cultured in presence of albumin (published).
- Decreased protein content compared to those cultured in presence of albumin and in-vivo controls which suggested protein degradation and protein synthesis ratios vary (published).
- Gene expression patterns in pre-implantation bovine embryos have been analyzed in media containing BSA or PVA. It was found that the basic culture system including the media composition and oxygen tensions has profound effects on the amount of specific transcripts, whereas the protein source had only weak effects.